Thursday, January 01, 2009

What Dreams May Come

I don't like to make New Year's resolutions because I know my incentive to do anything for 365 days only lasts about 72 hours. It could be ADD, I don't know. Being resolved to something seems so concrete and final. I prefer for things to stay fluid and full of possibilities. Life changes every day. Clinging to expectations made months or years past prevents us from taking chances.

Now I shall call them "potentialities" instead of "resolutions". They are my dreams for what may happen in the new year ... but who knows?

1. I hope to paint more and play Spider Solitaire less.

2. I wish to hear, see, and feel more love demonstrated in my home.

3. May my family show the world random acts of brilliance and kindness that will change someone's opinion of what it means to have autism.

4. I aspire to move my body more ... ten more minutes a day of yoga, 30 more minutes a week of heart thumping exercise, 6 more hours a month of not sitting on my ass.

5. I would like to travel to a different country.

6. I want to discover something new in the familiar.

7. I believe I can be stronger for my children and because of them.

8. I promise myself I will try to be forgiving.

9. I will look at the bright side.

10. I will laugh as often as possible.

Happy New Year! May your "potentialities" find you.

1 comment:

mommy~dearest said...

Those all sound lovely! Wishing you al a very happy and healthy new year!